pam config

Adam Kosmin akosmin at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 00:18:14 UTC 2004

Bevin, Michael,

Thanks very much. Makes perfect sense.

Best,

Adam Kosmin

Michael Kearey (mutk at iprimus.com.au) wrote:
" Adam Kosmin wrote:
" >Hello everyone,
" >
" >I'm looking at my pam configuration and noticed something odd in
" >/etc/pam.d/other
" >
" >Each line contains a reference to a path that does not exist. For
" >example:
" >
" >auth	required	/lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so
" >
" >My filesystem does not contain a directory path of /lib/security/$ISA so
" >I can't help but become curious.
"
" I am not entirely sure, but this is a variable that may be set for
" different paths to the pam modules.  Maybe for different archs ? ie 32
" and 64 bit varieties of pam modules.
"
" I googled and found a reference and it seems the $ISA is for this
" purpose...
"
" Cheers,
" Michael