install more TTF fonts

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Tue Jan 13 21:14:04 UTC 2004

Em Ter, 2004-01-13 às 13:26, Hans Müller escreveu:

> > > As root,
> > > cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/
> > > fc-cache .
> but man fc-cache say the fc-cache is for FreeType only. whe i try it and read
> the index file my font are not listet.

>From freetype's README:
" The FreeType engine is a free and portable TrueType font rendering
  engine.  It  has been developed  to provide TrueType support  to a
  great variety of platforms and environments."

Sounds good :-)

You have to close your session and open it again for fonts begin to
appear. Also remember that this fonts need to be world-readable, or you
can get some weird results, like mozilla starting to crash and fonts not
appearing to users ;-)

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group