The Agere Systems Orinico Gold 802.11b Card installation issues.

Dave Marples dave at marples.net
Wed Jan 14 13:27:14 UTC 2004

I've ben using the (slightly older) Lucent Technologies Orinoco Gold
card (same card, different owners, IIRC) with Linux for years. However,
I've just started to use the Airlink+ base station and it won't work
with that with WEP switched on....trying to get to the bottom of the
problem right now, but with no replies from Airlink tech support it's
proving to be a bit of an uphill battle at the moment.  Moral:  The base
station may be as important as the card itself.  What base station are
you using?

Regards

DAVE