setting a for a wireless ethernet card

Wade Chandler wchandler at redesetgrow.com
Wed Jan 14 16:05:00 UTC 2004

Jim Dai wrote:

> I used redhat-config to configure a
> pcmica wireless card. The security key is in the
> config file.  While I can activate the card within the network-config
> and the card works well. However, when I reboot the machine,
> I need to manually do
> iwconfig eth0 key a1112aa0
> soon enough for the dhcp-client (lunched by
> /etc/init.rc/) to get an ip address.
>
> Is there a way to fix this problem?
> Thanks.
>
> ----------
> 4938 Village Terrace Drive
> Dunwoody, GA 30338
> Phone: 770-512-8312

Read up on init and make yourself a bash script file in /etc/rc.d/init.
  Copy one of the existing ones and modify it.  You can then set this up
as a service for your machine.  Once you create the file you can have
those commands in it.  Then make a start and kill link in your
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d and /etc/rc.d/rc5.d paths (multi user and X run levels).
  This will then occur automatically for you.  It would be nice to have
something like this automatically setup by a wizard.  There may be one,
but that will work for you.

Wade