Yum problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 15 02:47:19 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 15.01.2004 schrieb Gary Waters um 03:34:
> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to linux and new to this list. i just ran yum update and
> got this error message: ......identical dependency loop exceeded
> package libmad-devel needs libmad = 0:0.15.0-0.lvn.1.b.1 (not provided)
>
> [root at localhost root]# yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
> Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
> Server: Fedora.us Extras (Testing)

Do you really want to use testing package by Fedora Extras?

> Server: Fedora.us Extras (Unstable)

Even unstable packages from Fedora Extras?!

> Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)

testing packages by livna.org are good for you?

> Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)

and unstable livna.org packages too?!

> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> ......identical dependency loop exceeded
> package libmad-devel needs libmad = 0:0.15.0-0.lvn.1.b.1 (not provided)

You should not mix all these sources. It's causing your error situation.

> When I attempted to install libmad I received an error message that a
> newer version was already in place. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm
> proceeding cautiously. I apologize if this falls into the 'stupid
> question"category.

Which libmad do you have already installed? In which repository is this
installed libmad package. It must be by livna, from it's name. In which
livna repository is the libmad 0:0.15.0-0.lvn.1.b.1?

> Gary

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany