Palm sync Memo with gpilotd

James A. Giseburt giseburt at molineschools.org
Thu Jan 15 17:40:47 UTC 2004

Good Day!

Found this regarding sync problems with memos...

Re: Problem with memofile

      * From: "David A. Desrosiers" <hacker gnu-designs com>
      * To: gnome-pilot list <gnome-pilot-list gnome org>
      * Subject: Re: Problem with memofile
      * Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:24:17 -0500 (EST)

> I have about a dozen memos on my PDA that should be syncing.  Any
> suggestions?

	Unless your gnome-pilot-conduits were built from the gnome cvs and
you're using an optional patch that someone sent to this list about 2
months ago, your Memo conduit isn't going to work properly on your system.
Just disable it for now, until a new release of gnome-pilot-conduits comes
out with these fixes.

d.

Also, using the memos program will allow you write files to your computer
from your Palm (and read them back into the Palm).  Not a sync, but a hack.

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 09:57, James A. Giseburt wrote:

> I did set the conduit to copy from palm for the initial "sync".  Now
> it's set to sync, but it still doesn't sync properly.
>
> It appears that this isn't just a problem with the memos conduit
> though.  I noticed that I had some contacts that I deleted from my Palm
> and they were not deleted from Evolution.
>
> The sync process seems to need some work.

Jim

James A. Giseburt
Information Systems Manager        E-mail:  giseburt at molineschools.org
Moline School District No. 40      Voice :  309.743.8990
2515 - 41st Street                 Fax   :  309.743.8996
Moline, IL   61265                 Web   :  http://www.molineschools.org