Tripwire [was: ethtool trojan detected by NAI]

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Jan 15 18:48:51 UTC 2004

Hi Andy,

> Bah... prelink will have fiddled with our binaries... this is maybe why
> tripwire got removed... hm...

No, tripwire got removed from the distro because it is no longer
maintained (which is a shame). Although the checksums differ per machine
I believe they should not change on a specific box.

I tried configuring it on SUSE recently, but couldn't get it to work
(some sort of crash when building the database IIRC). Haven't invested
much time in it, although at some stage I do want to get this to work.

Bye,
Leonard.