Mozilla and Firebird freezing with keyboard input

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Fri Jan 16 02:18:34 UTC 2004

Em Qui, 2004-01-15 às 09:21, Andre Costa escreveu:

> I guess you might be right. I turned off any other apps that used sound,
> and things are working again (I also rebooted since last upgrades, so
> this might have helped too, as Schlueri suggested). I should have known
> this: I've been bitten by this probl one time too many already =/ I just
> didn't think my browser could be trying to play sounds. I also made sure
> esd is always running, just in case.

EVERY time mozilla freezed for me (not closed itself, just hang), was
esd's fault. In fact, a "killall esd" would unlock it.

The problem was gone since I've installed ALSA.

I'm talking about redhat 8, 9 and fc1, on dozens of machines, the last
three years.. Every had the same problem, specially with flash
animations.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group