IPSec for Fedora

Matthew Hall matt at ecsc.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 17:29:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 15:27, Jason Dixon wrote:
> Has anyone found an alternative *IPSEC* solution for Linux and the 2.4
> kernel?  CIPE won't qualify, this system needs to be able to communicate
> IPSec with other isakmp platforms (OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Windows/Sentinel,
> etc.).  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Try openswan [http://www.openswan.org/]; it's a more 'open' version of
freeswan, based on the old super-freeswan code. I can't say for sure
whether it will fix the problem (as it is based on freeswan code, but I
believe the openswan people are more 'open' (heh) to bugfixing and
feature inclusion).
If you want to mail me off-list I can give you url's to a patch against
2.4.24 and some rpms.
There's also usagi [http://www.linux-ipv6.org/], but I haven't played
with this yet, so I don't know much about it.

Cheers,
	Matt
--
Matthew Hall