FC1 on the enterprise?

Bevan Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Sun Jan 18 21:30:24 UTC 2004

Res wrote:

>I wouldnt use it in a samba file server for win$hit boxes, especially if
>you have a lot of them, we ran dual test, and the 7.3 boxes kicked fedora
>all over the place for speed, moved them to rh9 still going fine, fedora
>was laggy slow horrid,

Do you have any more details availible on the tests you ran? (What test
systems were used, how you created the test load, what the resulting
measurements were, etc)

I'd really be quite interested, especially as I recently moved my samba
from 7.3 to FC1.
It was just getting to be too annoying and painful for me to compile new
software for the old systems...

>Oh and fedoras kbdrate setting is BS

kbdrate seems set to exactly the same defaults on RH8.0 as in FC1.
What's BS about it? Does it not work as advertised?