ISO images

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jan 19 01:56:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 07:46:39PM -0600, Greg Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I am new to the Fedora list and would like to create a system and try it
> out.
>
> I have downloaded the iso, and rpm images on a Windows XP based PC with a
> writeable CD.  I will be installing Fedora on a different PC designed just
> for development and testing purposes.  The notice on the fedora website
> stipulates the use of cdrecord for Linux systems or rawrite for bootable
> discs on DOS systems.  Is there any software that will allow me to burn an
> iso image from an Windows XP system to a HP CD-writeable 9300 drive so that
> I can use it to install Fedora on a 'blank' PC.

Common tools are "EZ CD Creator" (Adaptec/roxio) and "Nero Burning Rom".
I can't say what tools might have come with XP (My son's Toshiba laptop
with XP on it has no tools--that we can find--for that purpose.)

Basically you need someting that can "create CD from image". In EZ
CD Creator there's an option on the "File" menu for that. Nero has a
selection in the wizard, as I recall.