Is FC1 anygood?

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Mon Jan 19 03:37:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:41:51 -0500
Raghu Vadapalli <vze269th at verizon.net> wrote:

> Fedora does everything except those "crazy virus" features. :)  It
> really depends on what you want out of our Fedora. It works for me
> great all time.

Same here. My box is dual-boot only because of games (yeah, Linux is
catching up, but I still need Windoze for this unfortunately). Aside
from this, web browsing, multimedia, office tools, development... you
name it: I do it all on Linux (it's been like this for years already --
I used Linux as my desktop OS on my last two jobs, even when other folks
used Windoze).

You should try it. I suggest you either configure dual-boot or setup a
spare machine for your experimentations; this way you can learn Linux in
an incremental fashion, without the pressure to make all work right from
the start.

Best,

Andre

--