how to get Wireless USB device installed?

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Tue Jan 20 02:23:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 21:10, Francisco Perez wrote:
> Oh, don't get me wrong. I have no problem getting my hands dirty. Worst
> case scenario I've predicted; I mess up the OS and have to re-install
> it. No big deal. I'm no stranger to mistakes and hardships. My problem
> is finding a method between all the alternatives. With so many other
> people more experienced than myself start finding flaws to proposed
> methods and offer alternatives; thats where I run into a wall.
>
> So far, in my short research, I've decided to go with the w-lan pre11
> driver. Most of the people say that it will support the netgear MA111.
> I've also decided to follow a quick HOWTO supplied by someone in the
> message board.
>
> I guess to make my querry a lot more specific; Can someone link me to a
> HOWTO for the terminal itself? I've had problems with the 'make'
> command,etc, So it would be nice if someone could direct me to a website
> or document that has a lot of info on commands for the bash terminal.

A better alternative would be to use the pre-rolled RPMS for 2115.nptl:
http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/v21-fc1-index.html

Or, if you're using 2140.nptl, you can use the ones I built myself (let
me know).  Lastly, you can rebuild from the src.rpm
(http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/kernel-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre14.src.rpm).  If you choose this route, I can give you the steps I went through to build them.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting