PROBLEM WITH ACS9910

Luca Modica lmod at gci.it
Wed Jan 21 12:52:43 UTC 2004

Hi dears.
I've some problem during the installation of Fedora.
I'm using a Intel P 4 without any internal disk.

The main disk we use is an external raid level 5 with Accusys 9910 controller.

This raid is connected to the PC by an Adaptec 29160LP SCSI card on PCI bus.

Note: the Bios interface of scsi adapter intercept correctly the raid volume.

We've been able to build the first installation of Fedora (2115 kernel
version) using the 'noprobe' parameter in the prompt, and we have invoked the
'aic7xxx_old' module because the normal  aic7xxx was not good!!

After first installation and the 'up2date' was completed, we've rebooted the
system for load a new kernel (2149 version). But this version was not
correctly loaded - or better - after bio process, when the new kernel loading
the aic7xxx module, in the console monitor we've red the message like this:

------------------------------------
(scsi0:0:0:0) CRC error during Data-In phase.
(scsi0:0:0:0)   CRC error in ending CRC packet.
0x5a SEQ_ADDR=0x18 SSTAT0 0x10....

SCB_CONTROL[0x0] SCB_SCSIID[0xff] SCB_LUN[0xff] SCB_TAG[0xff]
 Pending list:
Kernel Free SCB list: 4 2 1 0
DevQ(0:0:0): 0 waiting.

<<<<<<Dump Card State End>>>>

Kernel panic: for safety.
In interrupt handler - not syncing.

--------------------

Please, coul'd you help me ?

Note2: with the same configuration we've installed correctly RedHat 8.0 and
9.0 without any problem.

Thanks in advance.

Bye.

Luca Modica

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Questo messaggio e' destinato alle sole persone indicate e puo' contenere
informazioni riservate.
Se ricevuto per errore, si prega di avvisare immediatamente il mittente e
cancellare l'originale.
Ogni altro uso del messaggio e' vietato!
****
This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and may contain
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have