framebuffer radeon grub howto

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 21 17:25:24 UTC 2004

On Jan 21, 2004 at 11:07, Esperanza Glass in a soothing rage wrote:

>> If you are refering to the console framebuffer take a look at
>> /usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/fb/matroxfb.txt. This has the
>> different values listed. In your /etc/grub.conf file add vga=<value>
>> to the end of the kernel line. I use vga=795 to get a 1280x1024
>> resolution.
>>
>Ok I got the resolution changed during boot. Now when I try to use the /dev/fb0 for example with fbset, fbtv or advmame I get the error message
>
>open /dev/fb0: No such device
>
>What does this mean?
Exactly what it says. There is no device /dev/fb0.
Take a look at /usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/fb/framebuffer.txt
it should tell you more. You may have to create the nodes.
man MAKEDEV for more info.

N.Emile...
How many hardware guys does it take to change a light bulb?

"Well the diagnostics say it's fine buddy, so it's a software problem."
 12:20:43  up 48 days, 17:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00