PCMCIA problem

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Wed Jan 21 19:25:55 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Having installed fedora on my main system and thanks to Mark got the slow
update download solved I seem to have another problem with respect to my
laptop.

I did a network install from my "os server" by booting with Cd1 and issuing a
"linux askmethod" install.  This method recognized my netgear 32 bit pcmcia
card and obviously installed the os.  However, on reboot although it appears
the card is recognized by looking at the lights on the card, ifconfig reports
that the dhcp server has done it's job by supplying the correct IP address,
resolv.conf file and default route subsequent pings show I am not in fact
properly connected to the network.

Going into the redhat-config-network druid shows the eth0 device is there but
not activated yet start at boot is checked.

How can I fix this so that eth0 is activated at boot time?

Thanks in advance,

Phil Savoie