3D on ATI 9200 128MB RAM

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Jan 22 16:21:00 UTC 2004

Robin Laing wrote:

>> Giuseppe Cavallo wrote:
>
> So in general.  If your motherboard is newer with an Nforce based
> motherboard, you will have to patch the kernel as stated.  The patch on
> Nvidia's www site is for 2.4.20 kernel.
>
> Now to learn more about "diff" files.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard for what it is worth.

I installed a newer kernel and I found that the support for the
nForce2 chipset is already patched into it.  I also found that there
are patches for nForce3.

Now I am looking at another problem.  My supplier may have given me
the wrong card 9600SE not 9600Pro.  This may not work properly.  I
didn't get a 9600 manual and the voltages that I did a search for on
the net don't agree with the MB.  This could be a problem.

I am thinking of moving to a different card.  Anyone have a suggestion?

--
Robin Laing