get the timestamp as a log filename

Genti A. Hila genti_tek4 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:08:56 UTC 2004

I think I didn't explain it quite well:
I have some log files that are saved from logrotate  hourly.
But what i get is something like message.1 messages.2 etc
Instead of this i would like to have something like
mesagges_04\01\21_14\00
messages_04\01\21_13\00
So to follow the format  messages_yy\mm\dd\_hour\minute
Something like that, the idea is to have the time as the name of the file

Genti