Language and keyboard

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Fri Jan 23 02:55:16 UTC 2004

Nelson Guedes was saying:
Hi,

I used to use kbdconfig to configure my keyboard on RedHat Linux, but I
couldn't find an equivalent on Fedora.

Besides that, I'm still have problems with the language suport. Usng
English I couldn't use some accents when I ssh other machine. To resolve
this, I configured the system to Portuguese (Brasil), but I don't want
the entire system to be Portuguese, just the accents. How could I solve
that?

Thanks!

	Just a newbie here but AFAIK the accents are not controlled
by the Language setting but by the font.  All mail readers I have seen
have a way to change to other systems (check for character encoding).
Sorry I don't have any idea how to use them, other than using the
unicode character map.

for your keyboard, there is redhat-config-keyboard that replaced the
kbdconfig

HTH
Scott