idea?

Chuck Sterling csterlin at zianet.com
Fri Jan 23 23:32:16 UTC 2004

At 11:39 AM 1/23/2004 -0600, you wrote:

>El Vie 23 Ene 2004 11:24 AM, Gertjan Vinkesteijn escribió:
>
> > Since one day I got 382 messages in the special Mailbox I made for
> > fedora-list. Is it an idea to start with a news-group? Like
> > Linux-redhat-misc?
>
>there's a gated.rhl-list in news.redhat.com but AFAIK it's read-only :-(
>why not make it R/W?

It's read/write at news.gmane.org but you have to be subscribed to write.
At least that's how it looks to me after the first pass. When I found out
about the news version I unsubscribed but then could not post. I did not
get the connection. When I complained the moderator manually subscribed me,
and the email started. Then I got the connection. So you get lots of email,
but perhaps you could figure out a way to delete it from the server without
downloading it?

Chuck