update problem - up2date or yum error - strange error message updating

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jan 25 09:37:54 UTC 2004

Am So, den 25.01.2004 schrieb Maxwell Kanat-Alexander um 06:58:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 18:33, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > As up to today each day someone asks about problems he faces running an
> > update on Fedora Core 1, using up2date or yum, I decided to write down
> > in short a FAQ article to this issue.
>
> 	Wow, that's _great_! I linked to that post from the Unofficial FAQ, in
> the question about update servers being slow.
>
> 	-Max

Thank you very much for this accolate Max.

Your 'inofficial FAQ' is a gain at all, so I did benefit from the
pointing out of the '3Com cards issue' and followed instructions to
install the NVidia drivers. It's always good to have a paper - even
virtual paper - to be able to read for arguments and to follow setup
steps.

Regards

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 10:37:37 up 18:15, 7 users, load average: 0.19, 0.19, 0.18
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]