Shared/Networked "Whiteboard" software?

Allan Metts ametts2 at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 25 19:44:47 UTC 2004

I'm about to bring some remotely-located programmers into my software
development effort.  Anyone know of software (or a service) that would
facilitate design discussions/arguments using a shared electronic whiteboard?

I don't need video conferencing (don't want to comb my hair or get out of
my bathrobe), and we can use traditional phone conferencing for
audio.  What I'm looking for is something simple and easy-to-configure that
lets everyone scribble on the same something while we talk -- with
reasonable responsiveness.

I know about Webex and Micro$oft NetMeeting, but I'm hoping to find just a
simple daemon that can run on a server connected to the Internet.  I don't
even want to configure Apache if I don't have to -- but if there's
something that supports both Fedora and Windows users, all the better.

Thanks in advance,
Allan