ANOTHER Fedora upgrade tale of woe...

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jan 25 23:16:34 UTC 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 18:20, John T Nelson wrote:

> To make a long story short, I tried to upgrade RH8 to Fedora CORE
> upgrade but booting CORE gives me module loading errors (out the wazoo).

If you upgraded, wouldn't your old kernels be available?

> Ok, so when I run lilo hoping to update this map somehow, I get a Fatal
> error because it claims the map info doesn't exist (the file does exist
> and I get the same message if I remove the file.... yes lilo.conf does
> specify the right path).

Fedora uses grub by default, rather than lilo.
I don't know if that is the problem.
It's probably simplest to go over to grub,
unless you have religious objections.
The config file for grub is /etc/grub.conf .

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366