soundcard

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jan 25 23:33:14 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 26.01.2004 schrieb trufflesdad um 00:13:
> Randy Kelsoe wrote:
>
> > trufflesdad wrote:
> >
> >> Trying to setup my soundcard using sndconfig and it tells me that a
> >> es1370 card was detected module es1370 but it will not play a test
> >> sound and then tells me Auto detection of the soundcard did not
> >> work....Can anyone tell me how I overcome this ??..I know the card is
> >> connected ok
> >> as it works in Mandrake and Debian..
> >

> > You might have better luck with 'redhat-config-soundcard' (instead of
> > sndconfig). You might also do an lsmod and rmmod any modules that are
> > related to sound.
> >
> > I take it you have checked the mixer to make sure the volume is not
> > low or muted?
> >

> I tried redhat-config-soundcard and the mixer is ok but....I do not have
> lsmod installed on the system...so this could be the problem ??
>
> --
> Regards
>   Ted Wager

$ rpm -qf `which lsmod`
modutils-2.4.25-13

A system without modutils installed would be curious. Be sure you are
root when invoking lsmod, rmmod or modprobe.

Which soundcard do you have? Is it an ISA or PCI card? Be sure to have
"PnP OS no" in system BIOS. What does syslog report to
/var/log/messages?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 00:26:19 up 1 day, 8:04, load average: 0.21, 0.11, 0.04
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]