Linux radeon performance

Jeff Stampes Jeff.Stampes at xilinx.com
Mon Jan 26 17:02:43 UTC 2004

[Directly cc'd to original poster, since the volume of this list makes
it impossible to follow anything, IMHO.  Sorry if this bothers you
David, but I wanted to be sure you caught my reply]

Robin Laing wrote:

> David Balazic wrote:
>
>> Just an info point :
>>   - Fedora Core 1
>>   - Radeon 8500LE
>>   - Enemy Territory v2.56
>>  = 35 fps
>>
>> after installing the ATI propietary driver :
>>  = 76 fps
>
> I had a Radeon 9600 and I gave up trying to get it to work on the
> weekend.  Installed a Nvidia FX5600 and fully operational in less than
> an hour. :)

Hmm...I have an 8500LE, and it's running great at 2500+ FPS on FC1.

Checked my rpm database, and it looks like I did it with
fglrx-glc22-4.3.0-3.7.0.  What did you try to get it working David?

For reference, I'm also running FC1 on a couple of ThinkPad A31P laptops
(Radeon RV200 LX [Mobility FireGL 7800 M7]), and manage to get 1100+
FPS, but only by dropping the $$ to replace XFree86 with Xig's
(www.xig.com) Summit X server.  There are some things compiled using
specific Mesa features that don't work, but it made the overall X
experience *much* better.

~Jeff