Errata?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 26 17:26:18 UTC 2004

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>WipeOut (wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net) said:
>

>>Is there anyone in the Fedora Development team whos role it is to
>>create, test and release errata updates (especially security) for FC??
>>

>No, it's package responsibility. Is there something in particular
>you're looking at?
>
>Bill

What does "package responsibility" mean??

I was just looking at the updates coming through for RH9 but I havent
seen them coming through for those packages on Fedora, so I was
wondering what the structure was to get the errata deployed to the
Fedora users.. If its left to the community, of which many are end users
(as opposed to developers) there will most likely never be any security
updates..

Maybe an option would be to get the Fedora-Legacy project more closely
involved and get that project to take care of errata while the Fedora
project handles the development.. Just a thought.. :)

Later..