Errata?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 26 17:45:30 UTC 2004

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>WipeOut (wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net) said:
>

>>What does "package responsibility" mean??
>>

>Packager responsibility, sorry. It's up to the individual
>maintainer.
>

>>I was just looking at the updates coming through for RH9 but I havent
>>seen them coming through for those packages on Fedora, so I was
>>wondering what the structure was to get the errata deployed to the
>>Fedora users.. If its left to the community, of which many are end users
>>(as opposed to developers) there will most likely never be any security
>>updates..
>>

>Find a specific one. Nag the package owner, or mention it here.
>
>Bill

Get updates by applying community pressure.. :)

I am not after a specific one at the moment it just looks like FC is
falling behind in this area looking at the number or updates coming out
for RH9 and othr distos.. Of course I may be wrong and the fact that
there are no updates is bacause the version that FC uses does not have a
problem..

How would I determine a "package maintainer" if I wanted to contact
him/her??

Thanks for the quick replies Bill..

Later..