XFCE4 - Was Fedora <-> kde

John Wendel jwendel at fnmoc.navy.mil
Mon Jan 26 19:51:16 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 11:32 am, Bjorn Andersen wrote:

> man, 2004-01-26 kl. 19:26 skrev Austin Isler:
> > Bah, Gnome is too candy coated for me. KDE seems to have a more
> > professional look and feel. Gnome reminds me of WinXP *shudders*.
>
> Its the first time I hear this... Normally people think the
> opposite.
>

> MVH
> Bjørn Andersen <ba at linuxin.dk>
> http://www.linuxin.dk

Just to add a somewhat off-topic comment ...

I like KDE, but I have a box that is just too slow. This weekend, I
loaded XFCE4 and it's like I got a CPU upgrade. I doesn't have all
the features of KDE or Gnome, but it does everything I want to do a
lot faster than KDE. This is really a nice desktop.

I highly recommend XFCE4 to anyone and I wish it was available in a
standard Fedora install.

Regards,

John