Fedora <-> kde

Peter Eddy petere at atg.com
Mon Jan 26 19:58:53 UTC 2004

Bjorn Andersen wrote:
> man, 2004-01-26 kl. 19:26 skrev Austin Isler:
>
>>/Bah, Gnome is too candy coated for me. KDE seems to have a more
>>professional look and feel. Gnome reminds me of WinXP *shudders*./
>>

> Its the first time I hear this... Normally people think the opposite.

Think the opposite about what?  I don't know about candy-coatedness,
that seems to me to be just a 'theme' issue. Either environment can be
pretty much as plain or as out there as you like. But KDE has always
struck me as more polished, more useful, and less buggy. And I really
like Konqueror (the file system browser, web browser, etc.) If it
weren't for it, I'd probably use XFCE or WindowMaker.

I'm really not trying to start a flame war, but I think KDE has an
undeserved bad reputation perhaps based on (now resolved?) issues with
Qt licencing and the fact that it's written in C++ and not C.

Peter