Problme w/ Fedora accessing external Hard Drive?

Barry Myrvold bkmyrvold at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 27 18:16:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 10:52, James Amrhein wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I'm trying to mount my external usb Acomdata harddrive under
> 	Fedora.
>
> 	I tried :
> 		mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mount/usb

Did you already partition (fdisk /dev/sd*) and format the disk (mke2fs
-j /dev/sd*1)?  Are you sure you are correct designating it as /dev/sda1
as this is usually the first IDE disk that usually contains your root
and home directories?  Check your dmesg and logs when you booted or
plugged it in.

Regards,
Barry K. Myrvold
bkmyrvold at nyc.rr.com