Automount USB 2.0 HD via PCMCIA

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Wed Jan 28 04:08:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 18:51, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> [...]

	Pretty close to that.  Setup is in Auto.Master (you tell system the
main automount directory there) then the auto.misc is where you setup
what the device directories will be called.

	This works fairly well but the caveat is that for instance when
selecting the drive from a requester, the directory doesn't exist until
you select it, meaning you will have to type the name into the
requester.

For a better answer look in the archives for the thread hotplug
usb-storage experience. A Jason Cortezzo detailed a way to automount a
usb ram device such that when he plugged it in it would auto mount and
an icon would show up for it.  It should be modifiable to other usb
devices though!

Scott