New NVidia 5336 Drivers Available - 2.6 Kernel Support

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Wed Jan 28 15:41:03 UTC 2004

Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick heads up that NVidia has made available new drivers
> (version 5336) available, which now include support for the 2.6 kernel.
>
> I am not running 2.6, however I did install the new drivers this morning
> on a Dell i8200 laptop with a 64 Mb 440 Go card. Using the 4496 drivers,
> I got around 2000 FPS with glxgears. With 5336, I am getting around 2100
> FPS with glxgears.

[...]

I've just installed it as well, and it went in just fine without using
the CC="gcc32" drill.

Am I misunderstanding your frames-per-second though? I looked at the
frames-per-second for the gears screensaver, and I'm seeing only around
50 fps. That's on a stock PogoLinux Veronna workstation.

Clint