Disk Layout/Partitioning Practices

dballester at kernpharma.com dballester at kernpharma.com
Wed Jan 28 16:05:34 UTC 2004

I'm a happy Laptop with lvm :D

No problem in any way. And in the other hand, quickly i can assign free
disk space or unused partitions to my 'production environment' if i need
it.
I was able to create, assign, activate and use lv partitions with 3/4 easy
commands.

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           WipeOut              |
|         |           <wipe_out at users.sourc|
|         |           eforge.net>          |
|         |           Enviado por:         |
|         |           fedora-list-admin at red|
|         |           hat.com              |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           28/01/2004 16:50     |
|         |           Por favor, responda a|
|         |           fedora-list          |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list at redhat.com                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Re: Disk Layout/Partitioning Practices                                                                        |

Alan Dunkley wrote:

>..{snip}..
>
>Hope this helps, I have based my current system design on years of
>experience, (and no decent LVM, not like AIX anyhow) probably not valid
>nowadays but old habits ...  and having 2x80GB RAID-1 disks helps.

I was considering using LVM on my next server.. I would be interested to
hear what issues do you have with the current implimentation of LVM on
Linix..