Sql

Max max at linuxhack.it
Wed Jan 28 18:51:34 UTC 2004

Il mer, 2004-01-28 alle 19:35, Chadley Wilson ha scritto:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I cant seem to find anyone who can help
> I am trying to get our in house app which connects to an SQL2000-ent
> sever to run in linux, I have the app running just fine but I cant get
> connection to the database,
> When you install it in windoze all you have to install is client
> connectivity, I have browsed the win dirs on my XP system but there are
> no files installed. but it works.
> Cant I use the linux sql to some how get the link.
Sorry I can not help for this.

> The other Problem I think I am faced with is the fact that linux doesn't
> log into the domain. Is it possible to logon to the windoze domain with
> Fedora?
> The  I also need to map the directory to the U drive in my wine folder.

I work on a linux box in W2K domain.
When I log on the linux box I use the same userid and password of the
windows domain and I can acces to the domain.
Then to view a remote volume I mount it by:
mount -t smbfs -o username=xxxxxxxx,password=xxxxxxxxxx //fileserver/d
/home/massimo/D_on_fileserver

I indeed run a session script to make it easy, copy this to a text file
saving without any extension and then in preference/sessions insert the
link to the script.

#!/bin/bash
mount -t smbfs -o username=xxxxxxxx,password=xxxxxxxxxx //fileserver/d
/home/massimo/D_on_fileserver

Bye

--
Max