Speed Touch Modem

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Thu Jan 29 15:10:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 11:35:19AM +0100, bertoldic.claudio at tiscali.it wrote:
> Hi,
> without any doubt choising a ADSL ethernet modem is the best way or at least
> the easiest. However I don't share the LET IT BE attitude used towards USB
> modems.
> If they exist and are widely used the comunity should increase efforts to
> devolop drivers inspite of renounce. So I suggest you to try the ECIADSL

This has been true for many years now. If the manufacturer of the
modem does not want to co-operate, then it is very difficult, if not
impossible to accomplish this. The same is true for other hardware as
well. In fact, Alcatel was the first USB modem mfg to offer Linux
drivers. The very first. And still it is troublesome for some.

For those of us who want an internet connection that does not require
hours|days|weeks of putzing around with this web site and that, an
ethernet based modem is often going to be the quickest and most
painless way to get there.

--
Hal Burgiss