Help-Installed system does not start

Delbaere, Tim Tim.Delbaere at pfizer.com
Thu Jan 29 15:42:50 UTC 2004

Hi List,

Ok, I have now re-installed FC1 about three times, and can now boot straight
to a text prompt, but I have no way of starting X. Every time I do my PC
crashes or it comes up with an error regarding screen refresh rates. I have
tried redhat-config-xfree86 and tried to set the vsync and hsync rates, but
all I got then was a whole page of gobblegook, lots of python comments etc.

Does anyone know how to set this up for a Readon9200 and gnr VL997 monitor.
Monitor is great at 1600x1200 85hz in windows, but can I get it to work in
Fedore?

Cheers

Tim