anyone familiar with k3b in Fedora? {Scanned}

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Thu Jan 29 17:05:42 UTC 2004

Dave Stevens wrote:

>I have a Lite-on DVDRW LDW 411S CD and DVD burner and could not find a working
>CD burner in the default set of FC1 packages. I am trying to use k3b. The
>user interface is very nice, but for some perverse reason it doesn't actually
>write anything on the CD. I am trying to make a copy of some music and have
>tried burning an audio cd from ripped mp3s and no joy.
>
>ideas?

As root, try a  'cdrecord --scanbus'  and see if it finds your drive. If
you added the drive after you installed FC1, you will need to add
'hdX=ide-scsi' to your kernel line in /etc/grub.conf (replace the X with
the letter of your drive). My burner is an IDE secondary slave (hdd),
and my kernel line looks like this:

    kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2140.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdd=ide-scsi rhgb