KMail and PgP

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Fri Jan 30 23:53:03 UTC 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 05:03 pm, Markku Kolkka wrote:
> Charles Howse kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika lauantai 31.
>
> tammikuuta 2004 00:22):
> > I found http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html
> > Is this the definitive HOWTO for signing email in KMail,
>
> No, you don't need any of that stuff for signing email. Just
> install gnupg, generate your keys and select your GPG key in
> KMail setup for your Identity. Then you can sign your message by
> clicking the "sign message" icon in the mail composer.

Hi Markku, thanks for the reply.
It seems that gnupg is installed by default in FC1, so that's done.

I took a quick look at man gpg, and it seems like all I need to do there is:
gpg --gen-key
and
gpg --send-key [mykey] --keyserver [mykeyserver]
Am I correct?  Do I have to do this from the command line?

Another issue:
I already have a public key on the keyservers that I had forgotten about.
I found it by searching on www.keyserver.net/en.
What would you suggest I do?  Should I just retrieve that key and use it, or
should I revoke it, create a new one, and upload it?

--
Charles Howse
Jackson, TN