KMail and PgP

A. Sopicki pastorpalme at gmx.de
Sat Jan 31 08:55:35 UTC 2004

Hi, Charles!

> I took a quick look at man gpg, and it seems like all I need to do there
> is: gpg --gen-key
> and
> gpg --send-key [mykey] --keyserver [mykeyserver]
> Am I correct?  Do I have to do this from the command line?
You don't have to do this on the command line. There is a program called kgpg
for that. You can find it at http://devel-home.kde.org/~kgpg/. There's an
RPM-package  for Redhat 9 which works for me on FC1 as well. More frontends
can be found at http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/related_software/frontends.html

> Another issue:
> I already have a public key on the keyservers that I had forgotten about.
> I found it by searching on www.keyserver.net/en.
> What would you suggest I do?  Should I just retrieve that key and use it,
> or should I revoke it, create a new one, and upload it?
Depends on how you trust the guys running the keyserver. Another issue would
be the expiration time of your key.

Greetz,

Alex
--
The box said install Windows 2000 or better so I installed Linux :p