FC2 install via FTP

Andrea Marin amarin at mr-service.it
Thu Jul 1 13:44:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 15:26, Sergio fernandez wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I am very new to all this.  I have a dual boot machine with RH9 and
> WinXP.  I am trying to install Fedora core 2.  I have downloaded the 4
> ISO but I can not get them to work.  I don't have a DVD drive but I
> have a CD drive but when I burn them it fails to boot from the images.
> So I have been looking around and found that you should be able to boot
> the PC from USB pen drive.  This boots into a SUSE boot screen and then
> it fails so I am now try to get fedora core 2 installed via FTP.  I
> have the ISO sitting on an internal FTP server and need help to get the
> install kicked off.
>
> Sergio Fernandez

Hi,
Maybe you don't write well your iso-cd image.
When you copy your image file from the disk to the CDROM you must copy
FROM a ISO-IMAGE., this is a option of your program for copy the cdrom.
If you don't make this in your cdrom there aren't the directory but only
one file call iso-image-fc2......
I have been the same problem.

Andrea