Disabling IPv6

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jul 1 15:49:25 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 01.07.2004 schrieb Rodolfo J. Paiz um 17:42:

> The "ideal" way to disable IPv6 in a Fedora system is apparently to place
> this line in /etc/sysconfig/network:
>
>       NETWORKING_IPV6=no

Yes, I would think so too.

> However, I have just tested this on my router when I had to power down to
> switch UPS systems, and it appears not to work. I am unable to continue
> testing since this is a production server (so IPv6 will stay on for another
> week or so) and I'll have my test boxen back online in a few days.

I can confirm that experience. Although I put

NETWORKING_IPV6=no
IPV6INIT=no

into the /etc/sysconfig/network, IPv6 was still used after a network
restart and even a reboot.

> Could a few people help me test this, before I file it as a bug?

I think it will need to check all network setup scripts.

> Rodolfo J. Paiz

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.1
Serendipity 17:46:43 up 3:43, 8 users, 0.78, 1.09, 0.99