FC2 install via FTP

Sergio fernandez s.fernandez at albion.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 08:37:05 UTC 2004

Cheers for all your help.  I will try this later on today.

On 1 Jul 2004, at 15:23, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 09:28 -0400, Yang Xiao wrote:
>> Hi,
>> You should look into kickstart.
>> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/
>> ch-kickst
>> art2.html
>>
>> However, for FC2 you will still need to get the CD booting work
>> because
>> unless you use PXE boot, you still need a kickstart boot CDROM,
>> there's no
>> kickstart boot floppy for FC2.
>
> It is true that there is no kickstart boot floppy, but related issues
> and methods of booting can be found frequently in the list archives.
> Here's one possibility...
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg06108.html
>
> This technique allows you to use GRUB to boot the installer from the
> local disk.  Can then do network (FTP, NFS, ...) or hard disk install
> from ISO images.
>
> OTOH, may want to explore BIOS options and device
> configuration/ordering
> (should be able to boot fr0m a correctly configured CD-ROM drive unless
> it is a VERY old machine), correct CD burning (burn the image, not the
> file containing the image; good media; slower burn speed; ...) before
> giving up on CD install.  All these issues are also frequent topics in
> the list archives.
>
> Phil
>

> --

Sergio Fernandez
Senior Technical Support

Albion - Internet Solutions for Business
Hp Centre of Excellence							www.albion.co.uk
Authorised AppleCentre 							Tel: 020 7550 7550
Business Class ISP								fax: 020 7550 7551
Confidentiality Notice:- This email is intended only for the addressee.
If you have received this email in error you are hereby notified that
any use, copying or dissemination of this communication is prohibited
as it may contain privileged and/or confidential information. Please
telephone us immediately on 020 7550 7550 if you are not the intended
recipient and destroy the original message.