Install FC2 on i586?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Jul 2 19:24:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Erik Espinoza wrote:

> Have you attempted a text based install?

Not yet.  I will do tonight and report back.

Not sure what would cause X to crash at that particular point in the
install, though.  It's just going through the package load.  FWIW, the
graphics card is a Matrox Millenium, so nothing touchy should be going on
there.  The install has failed twice at about the same point.  I didn't
observe the first one so I'm not sure if it's *exactly* the same point or
not.

Also, I've got limited RAM.  The installer doesn't complain, though,
except that it turns on swap right after the partition step.