List of rpms to install mplayer on FC2 (2.6.6-1.435.2.1)

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Sun Jul 4 02:19:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 12:11, Chuck_Sterling wrote:

> One question I have is where to find "other repos". Are those in the
> list of mirrors at "fedora.redhat.com" the ones I need, or someplace
> else? And how does one determine which ones are needed (since there are
> quite a few listed there) and the exact syntax for adding the info? I
> think I see the pattern in my "stock" yum.conf, but if there are any
> tricks for adding particular repositories...

Hey Chuck,

Try the following URL:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

Frankly, I just downloaded the yum.conf, like they recommended, and it
added a good set of repo's.

What is also interesting is that it has inside the comments, other
repo's that you might want to consider using (have heard good things
about atrpms - though I have not really used them myself yet).  Just be
careful that some of the "alternative" repo's do conflict in that they
overlap some of the add-on's.  I believe someone declared in an earlier
message in the last month about some good combinations to use or not
use, though the details escape me at the moment.

PS, I think I might respond to the soapbox when I am more awake.... :-)

--Rob