OT: Want to Build PC for Fedora Use - Hardware Questions Sound Card

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 4 05:44:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 12:43:43PM -0500, Jonathan S wrote:

> you shouldn't need a new sound card, but who knows, this is what happend to
> me and my nVidia board no doubt, I installed drivers, and suddenly fedora
> tells me it doesn't support my onboard sound.

Sound and modem cards can be a pain.  Many do not have open source drivers.
I have a nifty Turtle Beach card and only one channel is usefull on Linux.
They are unwilling to expose how their DSP works.  Many modem cards are
sounds cards with DSP code in them that may be copyright.

There is a hardware matrix out there.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l