Fix Broken RPM System?

slim vslim at insightbb.com
Sun Jul 4 07:12:18 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 18:17, Ryan R. La Mothe wrote:
> Thank you, it appears I was able to fix this problem by doing the following:
>
> 1)  export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
> 2)  export RPM_FORCE_NPTL=1
> 3)  killall -9 rpm rpmb rpmd rpme rpmi rpmk rpmq rpmt rpmu rpmv;
> 4)  rm -rf /var/lib/rpm*.* /var/lib/rpm/__db* /var/lib/rpmrebuilddb*.*;
> 5)  rpm -v --rebuilddb &
>

> These instructions were found at:
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21164634
> http://beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users/2004-May/001698.html
>
> THESE INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD BE ON REDHAT'S MAIN FEDORA WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Now, does anyone have a solution to the ldconfig problem?
>
> -->I have been getting this error almost every time I have used RPM in the past couple of days:
>
> "ldconfig:  File /usr/lib/libkdepim.so.1.0.0.#prelink#.J7eGQz is too small, not checked."
>
> Sometimes RPM would complain about more than one file with this error, but this is what I get when I run ldconfig by itself.
>
> Thank you.

<snip>
Whoa.. take a breath....
what system are you running? did you install or upgrade?
if you upgraded from what to what?

People are pretty friendly around here, And willing to help.
But their kinda like my cat, If you yell at them (caps) they sorta just
kick back and look at you if ya know what I mean.

Give more info so more people can help you..

Slim