nightmare...

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Tue Jul 6 16:24:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 22:40, Jonathan Ng wrote:

> A kind soul pointed me to a manual,
> This should be me ;-)
>
> All thanks to the wonderful F-ing FC2.
>
> Can anyone help me?
Just take it easy, a deep breath, and you will be able to fix it.
By the way, I understand your disapointment, but getting nervous never
fixed a bug.
If you take out fc2, re-install XP, try to install Suse, you 've made
many operations, and it will not be easy to know exactly where is your
problem now.
I think the link from David to fix the mbr is good. I remember a long
time ago typing fdisk /mbr, but this was not on XP, as I quit Windows
some years ago. This was done to fixed the MBR after removing Linux.

Anyway, you will find really kind and clever people on this list (much
more clever than me), and I hope you will put Linux again, and find a
way to dual-boot, whatever Linux it is ;-)

Good luck,

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand(e)