nightmare...

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Jul 6 17:23:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jonathan Ng wrote:

> I'm having the worst nightmare of my life! I
> highlighted my problems with booting up Windows after
> installing FC2.
>
> A kind soul pointed me to a manual, and I also did
> Googled the problem. Tried doing it to no avail.
>
> Finally, I got sick and tired of FC2. And tried to
> re-install Windows XP. I tried repairing, I tried
> installing Suse Linux, I even removed the entire swap
> and ext3 partition. But Windows NEVER boots up. Now,
> my hard disk is nearly useless. All thanks to the
> wonderful F-ing FC2.
>
> Can anyone help me?

See, e.g., http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2.shtml.

I hate to say it, but you could have saved yourself a lot of grief if you
had asked as soon as you knew you had a problem.  The solution to this
problem is now well-known.

> By the way, it seems that this problem was around
> since FC1, why the hell didn't they fix it?!?!

It was not a problem in FC1--it only affects 2.6 kernels.  But knowing you
have a problem is only half the battle.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences