ATI FireGL X2 256 and Fedora Core 2

Nicholas Ritter ritter at lakeforest.edu
Tue Jul 6 20:39:47 UTC 2004

I was searching around the net and heard of people getting the FireGL
X1/X2 cards to work with ATI's driver, but I have not been able to do so
due to what appear to be errors with the Xserver version. ATI's web site
states different drivers for the various XFree86 based xservers, but not
xorg.

Has anyone been able to get this working, much less could help me on how
to get it working? I also tried to custom compile the module (via
/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/make.sh) but got the exact same error... I
also tried with both the default kernel, and a custom compiled kernel
based on the sourcecode kernel rpm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nicholas