nvidia driver causes enemy-territory to flicker

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Tue Jul 6 21:34:07 UTC 2004

>> Scott, where do I find a config file for et? The only configuration I am
>> aware of is via the game when it originally starts. But it is flickering
>> at this point. ???
>>

>I'm not Scott, but anyway... he may be talking about the .etwolf
>directory in your home directory. You can move that somewhere else for
>the moment, then run the game. All settings will be reset, and hopefully
>the flickering thing disappears.

>dex

It turns out that Scott was right. While the screen flickered I was able to change the default 800x600 resolution to 1280x1024 and it stopped the flickering. Funny though when I used an 8kstakes kernel this problem of flickering at 800x600 resoluion did not occur. :)

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA.